1. Idli Rava/ Cream of Rice/ Rice Sooji - 1 cup
2. Urad Dal - 1/4 cup
3. Fenugreek Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
4. Flattened Rice/Poha - 1 tablespoon
5. Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak idli rava and poha in water for 4-5 hours.
2. In a separate bowl, wash and soak urad dal and fenugreek seeds for 4-5 hours.
3. Drain off the water from idli rava and retain the water in urad dal for grinding.
4. First grind urad dal and fenugreek seeds into fine paste, then grind idli rava-poha mixture.
5. Mix together the ground batter and add salt to taste. Idli batter is usually thicker than dosa batter. Set aside the batter in a warm place for 8-10 hours.
6. Steam idlis in idli plate.
The batter should raise well after fermentation, otherwise idlis might not turn soft.
Serve these soft idli with chutney and sambar.
Post a Comment