1. Grated coconut fresh/frozen - 1 cup
2. Dried prawns/shrimp - handful
3. Dried red chillies - 3-4
5. Raw mango pieces - around 1/2 cup(use according to the sourness of mango)
6. Oil - 3 teaspoon
7. Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
8. Curry leaves - few
9. Salt to taste
1. I prefer to wash the dried shrimp to remove excess salt. After washing drain off excess water and pat dry in paper towel.
2. Heat a pan on medium heat and add 2 teaspoon of oil. Once the oil is hot, add dried red chillies and fry for few seconds, then remove and keep aside the red chillies. In the same oil, add shrimp and fry for around 5 minutes stirring continuously, then turn off the flame.
3. Grind together coconut, red chillies, shrimp, raw mango and salt into coarse paste.
4. For tempering, heat a teaspoon of oil in a small pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add curry leaves and turn off the flame.
5. Transfer this tempering into ground paste and delicious chammanthi is ready to serve as a side dish for rice.
Post a Comment