I have joined an event named "International Food Challenge" hosted by Saraswathi of SarasYummyBites wherein we have to cook dishes from around the world. For this month challenge we were given a wide variety of dishes from different countries of which I selected Andalusian Courgette Tortilla. Andalusia is a region in south of Spain. The name of the dish may sound a bit challenging but actually this is a very simple dish. It is an egg omelette with courgette/zucchini added to it.
1. Egg - 3
2. Zucchini - 1
3. Garlic sliced - 2-3 cloves
4. Salt to taste
5. Oil - 1 teaspoon
1. Make thin slices of zucchini using a peeler and keep it aside. See below pic.
2. Beat the eggs in a bowl. Add few pinches of salt and keep it aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add sliced garlic and fry for a minute.
4. Add the sliced zucchini to it and sprinkle little salt and fry for couple of minutes.
5. Remove the zucchini and garlic from pan and add it to beaten egg. Mix well.
6. Transfer the entire contents in the pan and cook on low-medium heat until both sides of omelette turn brown in color.