Banana date muffins are very soft, moist and delicious. Also we love the little pieces of date in them.
Serves: 24 mini muffins/12 medium sized muffins
1. All-purpose flour - 1 cup
2. Sugar - 1/2 cup
3. Baking soda - 1/4 teaspoon
4. Baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon
5. Milk - 1/4 cup
6. Vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
7. Egg - 1
8. Oil - 1/4 cup
9. Date pitted - 6-8 count
10. Over ripe banana - 2
11. Salt - 1/8 teaspoon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Line the muffin tray with paper liners or grease it with butter.
2. Mix the all-purpose flour with salt, baking soda and baking powder.
3. Mash the bananas with a fork and keep it aside.
4. Beat the egg until frothy. To this add milk, oil, vanilla extract and sugar and mix well. You can either use a hand mixer or a whisk.
5. Add the all-purpose flour mixture to egg mixture and gently fold with a wooden spatula. To this add finely chopped dates and mashed banana.
6. Fill the muffin tray with this batter and bake for 15-17 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.