1. Bread slices - 4
2. Onion - 1
3. Mustard seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
4. Turmeric powder - 1/8 teaspoon
5. Red chilli powder - 1/8 teaspoon
6. Cilantro/Coriander leaves - 1 tablespoon chopped for garnishing
7. Salt to taste
8. Oil - 1 teaspoon
1. Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
2. Add finely chopped onions and fry till they are translucent.
3. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt to taste.
4. Cut bread slices into small pieces, add to the pan and mix well. If you wish to have your bread soggy, then sprinkle little water(2-3 teaspoons) at this stage. I like to have my bread upma dry, so I have not added any water.
5. Remove from flame and garnish with chopped cilantro.
Enjoy bread upma with a hot cup of tea.