Serving: Makes 4 rotti
1. Ragi powder/Finger Millet powder - 1 cup
2. Radish greens/radish leaves - chopped - 1/2 cup tightly packed
3. Onion - 1 medium
4. Coriander leaves/Cilantro chopped - 2 tablespoon'
5. Green chili - 1 (optional)
6. Oil - for greasing rotti
7. Salt to taste
1. In a mixing bowl, take ragi powder, finely chopped radish greens, finely chopped onion, chopped cilantro, chili and salt to taste.
2. Sprinkle water little by little and mix well to form a dough.
3. Heat the skillet on medium flame. Take a piece of parchment paper and apply little oil on it.
4. Take a large lemon sized piece of dough and flatten into thin disc on greased parchment paper by pressing it with your palm.
5. Take the rotti along with parchment paper and place on hot skillet with the rotti side facing down. Carefully remove the parchment paper.
6. Apply little oil on rotti. Cover and cook each side for 4-5 minutes on low-medium flame.
Serve hot with coconut chutney.
1. For pressing the dough, you can use banana leaf instead of parchment paper.
2. To easily separate the parchment paper from rotti, grease the parchment paper before pressing the rotti.
Submitting this recipe to Priya's "Shhh Cooking Secretly Challenge". For this month's challenge I paired with Padmajha who gave me millet and greens as my secret ingredients.
Post a Comment