1. Long grain rice - 1 cup
2. Spinach -2 cups packed
3. Onion - 1 medium
4. Cilantro - a handful
5. Mint leaves/Pudina - a handful
6. Green chillies - 2
7. Cloves - 2-3
8. Cinnamon - 1 inch stick
9. Cardamom - 1
10. Oil - 2 tablespoon
11. Salt to taste
1. Make a fine paste of spinach, cilantro, mint leaves and green chillies and keep it aside.
2. Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a pan and add cloves, cinnamon and cardamom and fry for few seconds.
3. Add thinly sliced onions and saute until they turn translucent.
4. Add spinach paste and salt to taste and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add washed rice and 2 cups of water.
6. If you wish to cook rice in rice cooker, transfer it at this stage or you can continue to cook in a open vessel on low-medium flame.
rice looks awesome anuReplyDelete