1. Bread slices - 4
2. Besan/chickpea flour/kadala podi - 1/4 cup
3. Onion - 1 medium size
4. Green chilli - 1
5. Oil - 1 tablespoon or more toasting bread
6. Coriander leaves - 1 tablespoon
7. Salt to taste
1. Add few tablespoons of water to besan and make a fine paste. Make sure there are no lumps.
2. Add finely chopped onions, green chilli, coriander leaves and salt to besan paste. Add enough water to make a thick batter.
3. Heat a pan and add few drops of oil. Dip the bread slices in batter and transfer into hot pan. Cook on both sides until golden brown. Sprinkle little oil while frying.
Serve with tomato ketchup.