1. Rice flour fine - 1 cup
2. Gram flour/Besan - 1/2 cup
3. Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
4. Carom Seeds/Ajwain - 1/2 teaspoon
5. Cumin seeds/Jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
6. Asafoetida/Hing - 2 pinch
8. Hot oil - 2 tablespoon
9. Salt to taste (approximately 1/2 teaspoon)
10. Oil for deep frying
1. Take rice flour, gram flour, red chilli powder, carom seeds, cumin seeds, hing and salt in a mixing bowl and add 2 tablespoon hot oil. Wait for 2-3 minutes and combine all the ingredients together.
2. Add enough water to make a soft dough.
3. Use star plate of chakli/murukku maker and make murukku on a plate. Transfer into hot oil and fry until bubbling stops. Always fry on medium heat for best results.