Chickpea sandwiches are very delicious as well as full of nutrition. If you are looking to start your day with a protein packed breakfast, this is one the dishes you must certainly try.
Servings: Makes 4 sandwiches.
1. Chickpea/Channa - 1/2 cup
2. Onion - 1
3. Tomato - 1
4. Cilantro chopped - 2 tablespoon
5. Whole wheat bread - 8 slices
6. Lemon juice - 1 teaspoon
7. Green chilli - 1 (avoid if you are serving for kids)
8. Butter - 2 tablespoon
9. Salt to taste
1. Soak chickpea in water for 8 hours or overnight.
2. Wash the soaked chickpea and pressure cook with enough water for upto 5 whistles on medium flame.
3. Finely chop tomato, onion and green chilli
4. Coarsely grind the cooked chickpea in a blender without adding water.
5. In a large mixing bowl, add ground chickpea, chopped tomato, onion, green chilli and cilantro.
6. Add lemon juice and salt to taste. Mix well.
7. Apply butter on one side of each of the bread slices and put a thin layer of chickpea mixture between 2 slices.
8. You can either eat the sandwich as is or grill them. Both ways these sandwiches tastes real good.