1. Tapioca/Kappa/Yucca root - 2 cups cut into pieces
2. Onion - 1 small
3. Green chillies - 3 nos.
4. Ginger finely chopped - 1/2 tsp
5. Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
6. Curry leaves - few
7. Coconut oil - 1 tsp
8. Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
9. Salt to taste
1. Remove the skin of tapioca and cut into small pieces. Wash and pressure cook with around 2 cups of water, turmeric powder and salt for 2 whistles.
2. Drain the water completely and keep tapioca pieces aside.
3. In a big pan, heat oil and splutter mustard seeds.
4. Add finely sliced onion, green chillies, chopped ginger and curry leaves. Saute until onions turn soft.
5. Add cooked tapioca and around 1 cup of water. Mash few tapioca pieces. Adjust the salt and cook for around 10 minutes.
Serve hot as a side dish for dosa. This curry thickens when it cools down. So while reheating, you might need to add little water and boil.