1. Rava - 1 cup
2. Tamarind pulp thick - 1 tablespoon
3. Mustard seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
4. Asafoetida/hing - a pinch
5. Green Chilli - 1 (optional)
6. Dried red chilli - 1-2
7. Curry leaves - few
8. Peanuts - a handful
9. Urad dal split - 1/2 teaspoon
10. Chana dal - 1/2 teaspoon
11. Turmeric powder - 1/8 teaspoon
12. Rasam powder - 1 teaspoon
13. Jaggery grated - 1 teaspoon
14. Oil - 2 teaspoon
15. Salt - to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan on medium heat and splutter mustard seeds.
2. Add peanuts and stir them till they start to brown.
3. Add asafoetida, turmeric powder, dried red chillies, curry leaves, urad dal, chana dal and slit green chilli. Fry until chana dal turns light brown in colour.
4. Add the tamarind pulp, jaggery and salt and allow it to simmer for couple of minutes.
5. Add rasam powder and stir thoroughly.
6. Add 2 cups of water and let it boil.
7. Add rava to boiling water and mix thoroughly.
8. Cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes until the rava is cooked well.
Rava puliyogare is ready. Serve with pickle and yogurt.