1. Black chana/kadala - 1 cup
2. Onion - 1 small
3. Green chilli - 1
4. Coconut grated - 3-4 tablespoon
5. Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
6. Coriander leaves/Cilantro chopped - 2 tablespoon
7. Oil - 1 teaspoon
8. Salt to taste
1. Soak black chana in water for 8-10 hours.
2. Pressure cook for 5 whistles by adding enough water and few pinches of salt.
3. Once cooked drain the water and keep the chana aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
5. Add finely chopped onions and chopped green chilli. Saute until onions turn soft.
6. Add cooked chana and salt to taste.
7. Add finely chopped cilantro and grated coconut. Mix well and serve.
This can be eaten as a side dish for rice or served as a evening snack.
Post a Comment