I felt so good when I made my first pizza. It had the richness of lot of veggies, yumminess of cheese and to top it all it was "HOMEMADE".
I used Fleischmann's Pizza Crust Yeast for the dough. This yeast is fast and easy with no resting time. I followed the instructions mentioned in sachet, made pizza sauce, assembled and baked. Sounds very simple isn't it? Yes, it is as simple as I have mentioned and believe me anyone can bake a pizza.
Serving: 2 medium sized pizza
1. All purpose flour - 2- 2 1/4 cups
2. Fleischmann's Pizza Crust Yeast - 1 envelope(7g/ 1/4 oz)
3. Sugar - 1 1/2 teaspoon
4. Salt - 3/4 teaspoon
5. Very warm water - 2/3 cup
6. Oil - 3 tablespoon
For pizza sauce:
1. Tomato - 2 medium sized
2. Onion - 1 small sized
3. Garlic - 2-3 cloves
4. Green chilli - 1 small (optional)
5. Italian seasoning(includes thyme, basil, rosemary, oregano) - 1 tablespoon
6. Olive oil - 1 teaspoon
7. Salt to taste
Toppings(include as per your choice)
1. Mozzarella cheese - generous amount
3. Capsicum - red and green
Making of dough:
1. Combine 1 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add warm water and oil. Mix well for a minute.
3. Add rest of the flour little by little until you get a soft dough. Dough will be sticky.
4. Flour the work surface and knead the dough for around 4 minutes until it turns smooth and elastic.
Making of pizza sauce:
1. Blend tomato, onion, green chilli and garlic into a smooth paste and keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Add Italian seasoning spice mix and fry for few seconds.
3. Add the ground paste and salt. Cook for 5-7 minutes. Allow it to cool and the pizza sauce is now ready.
Assembling and baking:
1. Preheat oven to 425 deg F.
2. Grease the pizza pan and placed the rolled dough in it.
3. Spread the pizza sauce and top it with diced veggies and cheese.
4. Bake for 15-17 minutes until the crust and cheese turns slightly brown.
Post a Comment