Serving: Makes 5 parathas
1. Soybean - dried soybeans - 1/2 cup
2. Potato - boiled and mashed - 1/2 cup
3. Green chilli - 1
4. Onion - 1
5. Wheat flour - 1 cup
6. Oil for greasing
7. Salt to taste
1. Soak soybean for 8 hours and pressure cook for 3-5 whistles. Drain the water and use just the beans. Either discard this water or use it while making curries/rasam.
2. Mash the well cooked soybeans with a wooden ladle.
3. Add boiled and mashed potatoes, finely chopped green chillies, finely chopped onion and salt to soybeans and mix well. Stuffing is now ready.
4. Make a soft dough with wheat flour and allow the dough to rest for atleast 15 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into 5 equal parts. Take each of the part and roll into small discs. Place a small portion of soybean-potato stuffing in the center and seal it to form a ball. Gently press this and carefully roll into a disc.
6. Heat a griddle on medium heat. Cook the parathas by applying little oil.
Serve with pickle and yogurt.
Submitting this recipe to "Shh Cooking Secretly Challenge" with secret ingredients namely soybean and potatoes given by Srividhya.
Post a Comment