Kadhi Pakoda are usually made using deep fried pakoda. I tried to make a healthier version by baking the pakodas. Thanks Nimmi for giving me the recipe of baked pakodas.
1. Onion - 2 medium - thinly sliced
2. Gram flour/Besan - 1/2 cup
3. Red chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
4. Carom seeds/Ajwain/omam - 1/4 teaspoon
5. Oil - 1 teaspoon
6. Salt to taste
1. Curd/Yogurt - 1/2 cup
2. Besan - 2 tablespoon
3. Ginger-garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
4. Onion - 1 small
5. Cumin seeds/Jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
6. Fenugreek seeds - 7-10 nos.
7. Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
8. Green chilli - 1 or as per spice level
9. Water - 1 cup
10. Oil - 1 teaspoon
11. Ghee/Clarified butter - 1/2 teaspoon
12. Coriander leaves/Cilantro - for garnishing
13. Salt to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
2. Mix all the ingredients mentioned for making pakoda including the oil. Add few tablespoon of water and mix well to get a thick battered mix.
3. Place a parchment paper on baking tray and place a small portions of batter on tray.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes until they turn golden brown in color. Make sure to flip the pakodas after half time.
Kadhi Preparation and mixing:
1. In a large saucepan, heat a teaspoon of oil. Add cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds and stir for few seconds.
2. Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for a minute.
3. Add finely chopped onion and slit green chilli. Add salt and saute until onions turn translucent.
4. Meanwhile in a mixing bowl, mix 2 tablespoon of besan with little water. Mix well to remove any lumps. Add yogurt, turmeric powder and 1 cup of water to it and mix well. Make sure there are no lumps.
5. Once the onions turn translucent, add yogurt mixture. Check for salt. Stir and cook on medium flame for around 20 minutes. The kadhi tends to thicken while boiling, so you can add more to get the desired consistency.
6. Add 1/2 teaspoon ghee and turn off the heat.
Just before serving, add the pakodas into kadhi and garnish with coriander leaves.
Post a Comment