1. Boiled eggs - 6
2. Gram flour/Besan - 1 cup
3. Corn flour or rice flour - 1 tablespoon
4. Ajwain/Carom seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
5. Red chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
6. Asafoetida/hing - 2-3 pinches
7. Salt to taste
8. Oil for deep frying
1. Cut the hard boiled eggs into 2 and keep them aside.
2. Heat oil for deep frying.
3. In a large mixing bowl, make a thick batter using gram flour, corn flour/rice flour, ajwain, red chilli powder, asafoetida, salt and 1/2 cup water. Add water little by little and check for the consistency. The batter should be thick enough to give a nice coating for eggs.
3. Dip each of the egg halves in batter and drop them in hot oil. Fry until the outer covering turn golden brown.
4. Drain off excess oil on a tissue paper.
Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Post a Comment