1. Jeera rice/Basmati rice - 1 cup
2. Onion - 1 large
3. Cashews - 20 count
4. Raisins - handful
5. Ghee - 2-3 tablespoon
6. Cloves - 4-5
7. Cinnamon - 1 inch stick
8. Cardamom - 2
9. Bay leaf - 1
10. Coriander leaves for garnishing - optional
11. Boiling water - 2 cups
12. Salt to taste
1. In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon on ghee. Add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and bay leaf. Fry for a minute.
2. Add washed rice and saute for 10-12 minutes on medium flame.
3. Add 2 cups of boiling water and salt to taste. Cook on low flame until all the water evaporates.
4. Meanwhile in a different pan, heat 2 tablespoon of ghee and fry cashews and raisins. Once they turn light brown in color, remove from pan and keep them aside.
5. In the same pan, fry thinly sliced onions until they turn dark brown in color.
6. Once the rice is cooked add the fried raisins, cashews and onions and mix well.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with your favorite curry of your choice.
Post a Comment