1. Potato - 2 medium sized
2. Brinjal - 4 small sized
3. Ginger grated - 1 teaspoon
4. Onion - 1 medium sized
5. Coriander powder - 1 tablespoon
6. Pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon
7. Red chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
8. Green chillies - 1-2
9. Curry leaves - 2-3 sprigs
10. Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
11. Oil - 3 teaspoon
12. Salt to taste
1. Wash and peel the potatoes and pressure cook for upto 2 whistles. Cut into small cubes and keep it aside.
2. In a large pan, heat 2 teaspoon of oil and add sliced brinjal. Sprinkle little salt and saute on medium flame for around 10-12 minutes with occasional stirring.
3. Add grated ginger and slit green chillies and saute for a minute.
4. Add thinly sliced onion and saute until onions turn translucent.
5. Add coriander powder, red chilli powder and pepper powder and fry for a minute.
6. Add boiled potatoes and curry leaves. Cover and cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
7. Finally for tempering, heat a small pan and add the remaining teaspoon of oil and splutter seeds and few curry leaves. Transfer the tempering into sabzi.
Serve with chapathi.
Post a Comment