1. Cherupayar/Green gram - 1/2 cup
2. Onion - 1
3. Garlic - 3-4 cloves
4. Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
5. Curry leaves - few
6. Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
7. Green chillies -1 or as per your spice level
8. Oil - 2 teaspoon
9. Salt to taste
1. Soak the green gram for couple of hours or overnight in water.
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and splutter mustard seeds.
3. Add curry leaves, crushed garlic, slit green chilli and sliced onions. Fry until onions are translucent.
4. Add turmeric powder, soaked green gram and salt to taste.
5. Add around 1 cup of water and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles.
6. Once cooked, slightly mash the green gram with a wooden spatula.
Serve as a side dish for dosa/chapathi/puttu.
Post a Comment