This vegetable kurma is one of the best side dishes for chapathi/ghee rice. I made this for my DH's birthday party and it was a big hit among our friends.
1. Vegetable mix (carrots, beans, cauliflower, potatoes, green peas, mushrooms) cut into 2 inch pieces - 2 cups
2. Tomato - 1 medium size
3. Onion - 1 medium size
4. Oil - 1 tablespoon
5. Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
6. Cilantro/Coriander leaves - a handful
7. Mint leaves/Pudina - 1 tablespoon chopped
8. Salt to taste
1. Ginger grated - 1/2 teaspoon
2. Garlic - 2 cloves
3. Coconut - 2 tablespoon
4. Cashew - 6 count
5. Cinnamon - 1/2 inch stick
6. Cloves - 2
7. Cardamom - 1
8. Cumin seeds - 1/8 teaspoon
9. Fennel seeds - 1/8 teaspoon
10. Green chillies - 1 or as per your spice level
1. Grind all the things listed in "to grind" ingredients to a fine paste by adding little water.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a deep bottomed vessel.
3. Add finely sliced onions and fry till they are translucent.
4. Add the ground paste and fry for around 5 minutes on medium flame.
5. Add the vegetable mix. turmeric powder, finely chopped tomato, salt to taste and mix well. Add around 1 cup of water. Cook on medium flame for around 20 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
6. Garnish with cilantro and mint leaves.
Note: We can also make this in pressure cooker(1-2 whistles)
Post a Comment