Squid roasted in coconut oil and a generous amount of garlic and curry leaves gives this dish a special flavor.
1. Squid/koonthal - cleaned and cut into rings - 1 cup
2. Onion - 1 medium sized
3. Garlic - 8-10 cloves
4. Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
5. Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon or as per your spice level
6. Garam masala powder - 1/4 teaspoon
7. Curry leaves - handful
8. Oil(preferably coconut oil) - 1 tablespoon
9. Salt to taste
1. Take cleaned and cut squid and marinate with salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Keep it aside for atleast 15 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add thinly sliced onions and saute until they are translucent.
3. Add marinated squid, garam masala powder, roughly crushed garlic and curry leaves.
4. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes on medium flame. Stir occasionaly.
5. After around 20 minutes, fry uncovered for another 5 minutes until the onions start to brown.
Post a Comment