1. Egg - 4
2. Onion - 2
3. Tomato - 2
4. Ginger - 1 teaspoon grated
5. Green Chilli - 1
6. Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
7. Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
8. Oil - 1 tablespoon
9. Salt to taste
10. Baking soda - 1/4 teaspoon
1. Boil eggs in a vessel by adding little salt and baking soda for around 10 minutes. Salt prevents the egg from breaking while it is being cooked and baking soda helps in easy peeling of shells.
2. Remove the egg shells and cut the eggs in half. Keep them aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add finely sliced onions and fry till they become translucent.
4. Add grated ginger and slit green chilli and fry for a minute.
5. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, chopped tomatoes and around 1/2 cup of water. Cover and cook until tomatoes are soft.
6. Once the tomatoes are mushy, add halved eggs and cook for another 5 minutes.
Serve with chapathi/dosa/appam.
I didnt know that baking soda would assist in peeling the egg. Thanks for the tip.ReplyDelete