1. Rice (Sona Masoori/Basmati) -1 cup
2. Spinach - 3 cups
3. Mushroom - 1 cup
4. Onion - 1 medium sized
5. Garlic - 3 cloves
6. Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
7. Fennel seeds - 1/8 teaspoon
8. Cloves - 3
9. Cardamom - 2
10.Bay leaves - 2
11.Green Chillies - 2 (optional)
12. Oil - 1 tablespoon
13. Salt to taste
1. Wash the spinach and roughly chop them. If you are using baby spinach, there is no need to chop.
2. Finely chop the onions and cut mushrooms into thin slices.
3. Heat oil in a wide bottom vessel. Add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, cloves, cardamom and bay leaves. Saute for few seconds.
4. Add finely chopped onion and crushed garlic. Saute until onions turn translucent.
5. Add spinach and mushrooms. Fry until spinach turn mushy.
6. Add the washed rice and 2 cups of water. Cook the rice either on open vessel or in a rice cooker.
Serve this healthy pulao with yogurt and salad.
Post a Comment