1. Chick Peas/ Kabuli Chana - 1 cup
2. Onion - 2
3. Tomato - 1
4. Green Chillies - 1
5. Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
6. Ginger paste - 1 teaspoon
7. Cumin Seeds/Jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
8. Red Chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
9. Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
10. Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
11. Garam Masala - 1/2 teaspoon
12. Oil - 1 tablespoon
13. Salt to taste
1. Soak washed Kabuli Chana in water for 8-10 hours.
2. Pressure cook the soaked chana with enough water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder for 15-20 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Then add finely chopped onions, ginger-garlic paste and slit green chillies and saute till onions start turning brown.
4. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala and coriander powder and fry for a minute.
5. Add tomatoes and cover and cook till they are mushy.
6. Take around 1 tablespoon of cooked chana and grind it into a fine paste. This will make the curry thick. Add cooked chana and chana paste to pan and mix well. Cook for around 10-15 minutes on medium flame.
Serve Chana Masala with a slice of lemon and chopped onions along with chapathi/rice.
Mouth watering dish! Well made! Thank you for linking it to healthy diet event!ReplyDelete