1. Gram flour/ Besan/ Kadala podi - 1 cup
2. Rice flour fine - 1/4 cup
3. Omam/Ajwain/Carom seeds - 1 teaspoon
4. Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
5. Hot oil - 3 teaspoon
6. Salt to taste
7. Oil for deep frying
1. Dry roast ajwain in a pan for 2-3 minutes. Make a coarse powder of the seeds after cooling. Add 1/2 cup hot water in this coarse powder and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile thoroughly mix gram flour, rice flour, turmeric powder and salt. Add 3 teaspoon hot oil to this dry ingredients.
3. Strain the water from ajwain and use this water to make the dough. Slowly add little by little of this liquid to the dry ingredients and make a soft dough.
4. Heat oil for deep frying on medium heat. Put a handful of dough in a murukku press with fine holed plate. Press it directly into hot oil. Fry on one side for a minute or so until bubbling of oil stops, then flip it and do the same.
Post a Comment