1. Grated Coconut - 1 cup
2. Dried Red Chillies - 2-3 or add as per your spice level
3. Ginger -1 inch piece
4. Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
5. Curry leaves - few
6. Oil - 1 teaspoon
7. Salt to taste
1. Dry roast dried red chillies in a hot pan for a minute.
2. Grind coconut, red chillies and ginger to a fine paste by adding little water.
3. Add water according to your desired consistency. Add salt to taste.
4. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and after it crackles, add curry leaves. Add this to the chutney.
This chutney goes well with idli and dosa.