1. Pumpkin/Mathanga - 1 cup
2. Green chillies - 1
3. Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
3. Red chilli powder -1/2 teaspoon
4. Coconut - 1/2 cup
5. Cumin seeds/jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
6. Shallots/onion finely chopped - 2 tablespoon
7. Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
8. Curry leaves - few
9. Oil - 1 tablespoon
10. Salt to taste
1. Rinse pumpkin and remove skin and seeds. Cut into medium sized pieces.
2. Boil pumpkin with slit green chillies, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt with 1/2 cup water until soft. It takes around 10-12 minutes on medium-high heat.
3. Completely mash the pumpkin with a laddle.
4. Grind coconut and cumin seeds into a fine paste and add to the pumpkin. Add more water to get the desired consistency and cook for another 5 minutes. Turn off the heat.
5. In a pan, heat oil and splutter mustard seeds. Add curry leaves and finely chopped shallots and fry until they turn dark brown in colour. Add this to pumpkin curry.
Enjoy this mildly sweet pumpkin curry with rice.
Post a Comment