1. Idli Rice/Sona Masoori Rice - 1 cup
2. Urad Dal - 1/4 cup
3. Fenugreek Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
4. Chana Dal / Kadala Parippu - 1 tablespoon
5. Cooked Rice/Flattened Rice/Poha - 1 tablespoon
6. Salt to taste
1. Wash rice, urad dal, fenugreek seeds and chana dal. Soak them in water for 6-7 hours. Soak rice in a separate bowl and rest of the ingredients together.
2. Grind urad dal mix to a fine paste. Grind rice with cooked rice. Mix them together. Add salt to taste.
3. Keep it in a warm place for 10-12 hours.
4. Steam idlies in idli plate.
The batter should rise considerably, otherwise the idlis might not be soft.
Serve with coconut chutney/sambar.